Saturday, December 03, 2011

Trip to Mackay

Lincoln and I got a chance to take a road trip with Uncle Jaron and Aunt Kelsey to Mackay. Although a funeral doesn't make for the circumstances, it was a rather pleasant trip. This is the first time the three siblings have been together Angel and I got married, almost 5 1/2 years. We met Grandma and Grandpa there and stayed in a graciously donated strange house that was very 60's up with a fairly newly remodeled basement. It was actually pretty nice. We took this picture in the bathroom downstairs to make Angel jealous that she wasn't there:
Since this was Mackay, the house was surrounded by farm land and farm equipment. So, we went out to take some pictures on some tractors.
 Lots of tractor noises.
 Trying to get it started.
 More tractor noises.
 He wasn't too happy when he had to share a seat with Dad.
This is just like the tractor I got to drive back in my pipe moving days. I started it up for him but decided not to take him for a ride because who knows what the tractor's owner and country laws would have done to me.

This is a picture of the sweet satellite dish installation on the house we stayed at:
If you can see there, the dish is mounted on a pole (and surrounded by chicken wire) and the cable is loosely on some tree branches over to the house. I just thought it was funny and then I started thinking about how the lumber yard sold satellite dishes and started wondering if Grandpa had anything to do with this...

While he was there Lincoln consoled and comforted Grandma and performed a waltz with Barbie for the amusement of everyone:


This may be the best picture I've ever seen of Grandpa. Also, Aunt Ann gave me an awesome hat.
 This is more typical.
I have better picture of this group but they aren't as embarrassing for Jaron.

I like to see Lincoln play with things I played with as a kid.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

The Barbie dance and inspection was priceless.

That is one for future blackmail.

crazy lady said...

Ahhh...nicely done (I KNOW Jaron is going to be thrilled with his t-Rex picture :0)

The country life never fails to entertain- and with the added bonus of Mr. Lincoln it exceeds all expectations.

Thanks for being there. It meant the world to me.

Love you.

michandler said...

That Barbie dance was priceless! The video does not do it justice. My kids loved all the cool things in Mackay when they were little--they still like them. That was a great picture you got of dad and you are right that it is hard to get a good one of him. Dad probably DID have something to do with jerry-rigging that satelite dish :-)