Sunday, January 23, 2011

December

We tried to start December off right by taking Lincoln to go see Santa Claus.  Here's the best picture we got:
Not unlike many children, Lincoln wasn't too keen on the idea of going to see a large unfamiliar man with a beard all dressed in red.  Well, see for yourself:
If you noticed, Lincoln had no problem taking candy from the stranger though (we may have failed as parents on that front but, the relatively recent Halloween experiences didn't help us much).

Christmas was lots of fun.  We stayed home and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and took almost no pictures.  Here's the only good one:
Frog hat from Grandpa, trains from Grandma, riding on Mom's lap on my way to Wendy's house on Christmas morning.  It doesn't get better (Wendy lives less than a mile away, don't turn us into social services please).
We did take a video of Christmas morning though when Lincoln came out to see what Santa brought him (it's kind of long, we won't feel bad if you don't watch the whole thing).
For New Years we took a trip up to Idaho to visit Grandma and Grandpa and play with long lost cousins.  Hopefully, someone else got some pictures of the cousins together because apparently we didn't...  Here's what we got:
 Sledding
 Cold
 Still cold
 If you're thinking to yourself, that looks cold, you've got a pretty good grasp of the situation.

 You know Dad, someday in the not too distant future I'll probably fall into that creek around this time of year and make you jump in after to save me.  Won't that be fun?
It wasn't actually all that cold, relative to say, liquid nitrogen but we really didn't stay out there too long.  We did have a wonderful time playing with Chloe and Leyla, meeting Shane, talking with him and Kelsey (congratulations to them!) and just spending time with family.  A good time was had by all.

4 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Oh I need a green frog hat like that!

Also.. I need to know how you got your youtube videos on here.
Can't figure it out.

Grr.

Thanks for the updates!

hectorscout said...

The frog hat came from Equador (even farther than the army men). I wear it sometimes when Lincoln doesn't want to, like in the picture on my Costco card.
For the YouTube videos there's a video button next to the picture button int the editor. That brings up a search thing and I just search for my YouTube username. It lists my videos and I choose the one I want.

michandler said...

Awesome photos. The video with Santa is too funny. Kids w/Santa are usually good for a laugh. The frog hat is amazing I want one too. And yes, the cold photos do look cold but fun too. Thanks for posting!

crazy lady said...

Well, how embarrassing that I'm so late in posting. Sheesh!
But,THANKS! I loved the wobbly legged I want the sucker but I'm pretty sure that sitting on this dude's lap is a bad idea video.
It WAS fun indeed to have you up for a little blast of liquid nitrogen for good measure.
I DO have many a photo of the cousins, and would be happy to send a few your way.
In theory, I'll be posting a bunch more on my lame-oh blog.
But, we'll see just how well that theory tests out eh?
I'm looking forward to birthday bowling in a few days with Mr. Lincoln and company.

The word verification for this is
froforoo
That definitely sounds like a good Lincoln descriptor wouldn't you say?