Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rad Racing

So, the other day I was just minding my own business at work when in walk a guy and a girl. Of course, my first thought was great a couple of jerk probably want to rent a computer (because I have good customer service skills). Then I noticed that something was different about this guy. He was wearing this:



Needless to say, I was stunned. Obviously, I got him the best computer and monitor we had, I needed to know where he got it. My first thought was that he must have made it himself, paint roller and stencil style just like the movie. I must admit I was a little disappointed to find that he had just purchased it. Actually his sister bought it for him. Turns out you can get your very own or only $15.95 + 4.95 s/h at www.radtshirts.com. Not a bad price. Although I haven't convinced myself yet. It's quite a bit cheaper than buying the movie these days. Anyway, the world is a better place with them in the world. And if you don't know the significance, shame on you (neither did the girl with the guy wearing the shirt).

5 comments:

crazy lady said...

Well, of course I DO know the significance of that shirt. If I wear one of those shirts will you give me a cool computer too? Yeah, so I'll be bringing the computer down - again. It died - again. Not even the blue screen of death this time :(
I think I know someone who might get that shirt for you... or even make you one that is even cooler....

oscar said...

Wow....Jaron is going to want one of these too. Jaron has the VHS somewhere-- Some lady brought it to him at our wedding reception. :) Awesome wedding gift. I loved the bike/dance scene...what was up with that?

Kelsey said...

And I too know the significance of the shirt. I was pretty young when you two watched that movie every day, but I do remember a few scenes.

michandler said...

I guess I am too old to know the significance of Rad Racer. However I do suspect that it must be some cartoon or something you and Jaron watched as kids. Who knew you could get such good customer service just from a t-shirt. I suspect you would get a kick out of a few of Tucker's t-shirts these days.

homeless72 said...

That shirt is not simply awesome, it is totally radical!!!